Java/PHP Web Developer
Posted on Mon Aug 15, 2011 by
We're a local web agency in need of a couple of Java/PHP web developers.
You'll be joining a small team of good people, onsite at our downtown office. We work on some nifty software (web & mobile apps) for some of Canada's most prominent financial, telecommunication, and broadcast clients. We're also right around the corner from Toronto's best schnitzel house.
We work in an organically agile fashion, iterating quickly and trying to keep spec minimal. Our clients love our short response time and ability to ship quickly. Our developers are great at hitting the ground running, and working together closely to build neat things.
Sounds like your sort of thing? You'll need to have:
- Experience building Java EE servlet-based webapps, in MVC frameworks.
- Solid MySQL chops.
- An understanding of HTML/CSS and the web front-end in general.
- Great communication skills, both written and oral.
Big bonus points if you are:
- Comfortable with maintaining a Tomcat server.
- Familiar with usability & UX design best practices.
- Experienced with mobile development, and iOS in particular.
This is a junior/intermediate position. Experience is nice but the right attitude is better.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Discipline: Website Design, Website Development
Position Type: Full Time
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter, including a brief description of what you like to do, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Hiring Manager